Thursday, July 21, 2011

The Culture Secretary, Jeremy Hunt

Listening to BBC presenters reporting on the culture secretary is a bit like watching show-jumping.

Sarah Montague, for instance, had a tricky round earlier this morning. Approaching the fence that has caused many a fine rider sleepless nights, she at first appeared supremely confident.

I have to confess my heart was in my mouth, as I sensed she was taking it too quickly.

Hooves drumming:

the culture secretary Jeremy Hunt
the culture secretary Jeremy Hunt  
the culture secretary Jeremy Hunt

... she approached the jump head on.

But then - just as I feared - she seemed to lose impulse at the critical moment and almost faltered.

As it turned out, her back hooves barely cleared the top rail.

Well done Sarah !!

All the same - it was a heart-stopping moment.

1 comment:

  1. I believe the original episode has given rise to a new phrase in Cockney rhyming slang, eg. "that man is a total Jeremy" or "what a Jeremy". I, of course, would never be so vulgar as to use it!

    ReplyDelete